Summer's here!

We all have things which define the seasons for us, the scent of elderflower and the sight of harebells make me think of summer.

Saturday morning on the common was a full one. It was very muggy, felt like rain and there were no signs that it was going to develop into a beautiful suny day. Suddenly a patch of colour caught my eye and when I took a closer look it was a beautiful bunch of harebells. When I got my camera out, it had the Lensbaby Velvet 56 lens on. I fired off a few shots and ran to catch up with the others.

I took a few other shots as we wandered round but when I was reviewing them over a cup of tea my favourites were the harebell shots. I had a play in Lightroom to create the black and white version and can't make up my mind which I like best, what do you think? I'd love to hear from you.


 



Sunday was a beautiful sunny summer morning. As we wandered round I spotted lots more harebells. It wasn't until the last minute when we were n our way home I spotted the single harebell amongst the yellow. I couldn't resist. This time I'd been playing with the Twist 60 and the macro converters, enabling a closer focus. My favourite shot is below. I'm not sure what the yellow flowers are the looked dandelion like, but I loved the colour combination.




The Lensbaby lenses create beautiful effects and produce great results when photographing wild flowers. 

From a disappointing start on Saturday morning I got three great shots. Life is full of surprises.

Comments

Popular Posts