Dog day

It wasn't great day for photos yesterday. It was dull and overcast but was supposed to brighten up later.

Having pre-ordered the new Lensbaby Sweet 80 optic, I was playing with the Sweet 35 and Sweet 50 to get used to moving the sweet spot. It's tricky to get the hang of and I haven't used these lenses much recently.

There wasn't much inspiration on the common, the summer flowers are passed but the autumn colours are just beginning to turn. The dogs always play with a ball as we pass the playing field and then charge about chasing each other. I set the sweet spot to the centre of the frame and the focal distance where I thought they would cut across in front of me. I then hit the shutter as they charged chased one another.



On the way home we passed Evie's gate and there she was, waiting for us. She's a really friendly German Shepherd cross Rottweiler who comes running down from the garden to see Jack and Splat, and to get some fuss. She's watching Jack and Splat heading down the road home.


It was great when I got home and downloaded the photos to find that I caught Jack exactly in the sweet spot. His face is in almost perfect focus. All I had to do was crop the image and make the background black and white. His colour doesn't look good against a green background.

Evie is just beautiful and the background really shows off her colour.

It would have been great if I'd got a photo of Splat to complete the set ...

Comments

Popular Posts