First Impressions

I treated myself to a Lensbaby Sweet 80 optic a couple of weeks ago and I've been having a play an getting used to finding and placing the sweet spot of focus.

We went out with the dogs on Sunday morning, it was a grey dull day not great for photography but out of habit I took my camera gear. While we were wandering round the common I thought I'll try for some action shots of Splat fetching the tennis ball. I set the aperture and shutter speed and focussed on where I expected him to run through.While I was setting up they had a false start and there were a few shots which included Jack.


The shots of Splat didn't work, he moves faster than I expected so they were blurred. There was something about one of the early shots including Jack which appealed to me. I think it was the expressions on their faces and the sense of movement. The focus wasn't sharp as they were both just outside the sweet spot.


I've downloaded Topaz Studio and had an initial play but still have lots to learn. I thought I'd have a play with the free Impression adjustments. I love the result, see below. It turned an very average photo into something I really like and was happy to post  on social media. I'll have to play some more.


Comments

Popular Posts