Lensbaby Edge 50


I love Lensbaby lenses and the effects they create. I've built up a collection over the years and my favourite is the Velvet 56. My least favourite is the Edge 80, so when the Edge 50 came out I decided  to give it a miss. That was until it was on offer on Amazon and I felt like some retail therapy, so I bought it about two months ago.

I've used it a few times when on the common with the dogs. I struggled with the Edge 80 and getting the slice of focus where I wanted it so I thought I take things slowly with the Edge 50.

I started using it simply as a prime lens, with no bending. I take photos of the flowers, tress and other things which catch my eye as I wander round the common. To get close to the flowers and leaves I was using it in macro mode. I also tend to shoot at the widest aperture to blur  the background (for the Edge 50 the max aperture is f/3.2).

My three favourite shots are shown below.





The catkin shot below, was the one successful attempt at bending the lens to create a vertical slice of focus.





I love this lens, I love what happens to the out of focus background. It's now become one of my favourites, although I still have to master bending the lens to get the slice of focus where I want it.



I'll have to revisit my Edge 80.
 

Comments

Popular Posts