The Ups and Downs of Nature Photography

Photography can be very frustrating as at times nothing seems to work in the way you envisage. On Saturday I took my camera out as usual when walking the dogs on Malvern Common. I attached my composer pro and the Twist 60 optic. It was a bright sunny morning and I was looking forward to trying out the Twist 60 to get some good close up shots of the flowers. It's only a few metres down the hill but it was so much winter on the common, too windy for close ups. It was disappointing.

Sunday was another bright sunny morning and I thought I'd play with the Circular fisheye lens. I need to practice with this lens when the sprinters are jumping into the pond as I could get some great shots if I get my focus and timing right. It was almost there. On the way home I was kneeling down to get a shot of a Welsh poppy, I wanted to fill the shot with the flower, when a bee appeared and landed on the same poppy. I quickly adjusted the focus, pressed the shutter button and hoped for the best. Considering the amount of time I've watched bees on different occasions and been really frustrated because all my shots have been out of focus I was amazed that in this instance I'd got it pretty much right first time.

Until I spotted the fingers at the edge of the frame.  I don't know enough about Photoshop to remove them so decided to crop the picture instead. What do you think?




Comments

Popular Posts